What you need:
- 14”x22”piece of fabric (FabricA),***preferably not a Halloween fabric or novelty fabric***
- 14” x 22” yard of fabric (Fabric B), the lining
- Pattern Paper or print on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper
- 2” Velcro, 2-3 Velcro circles, or magnetic closure (please do not use snaps)
- An applique if you should choose to decorate your capes!
Download and print the template.
Fold fabric in half lengthwise and press, pin pattern on the fold & cut. Repeat to Fabric B.
Place your two cape layers on a flat surface with right sides facing. Pin in place all around the edges. Then sew along the pinned edges and curves, leaving a 4″ opening at the bottom.
Clip the curves close to the stitching and then turn the cape right side out, using a dowel or chopstick to get into the small straps. Iron until the cape is nice and crisp around all the edges. Pin the 4″ opening shut.
Top stitch all around the cape by sewing 1/8″ from the edge. If you used two different colors of fabric you may want to use one color as your top thread and the other color as your bobbin thread. I used red on top and black in the bobbin.
Mark where we want our closures on the neck straps to be and then attach them. Please use either magnets or Velcro for closure, no snaps.