Executive Director, Founder, and Lily’s Mama
Sahra is a life coach, entrepreneur, wife and mama to 3 girls. Kindness, Empathy, Compassion and Hope, this is humanity and no one should have to go throug the dark times alone. Love for Lily is our way of bringing a little light into the darkness. My hope is that we change the conversation around grief and drop the shame and stigma of loosing a child. Together we can change to the conversation.
Love for Lily began serving families in 2012, collaborating with families and hospitals to develop new programing to support the needs of parents in the Neonatal ICU. Sahra’s love for her daughter and the families served through Love for Lily can be felt in every fiber of the organization. She has a unique ability to “sit in the puddle” with anyone and allow them to tell their story, she always says, “At Love for Lily we see people as whole, we are not here to fix them. Everything they need is already inside of them. We are just here to hear them and support them in finding what is already inside.” Since Love for Lily began in 2012 Sahra has directed the development and evolution of the organization.
Jessica Threlkeld is a certified positive psychology life coach, doula, and a former NICU mama herself. She is a mama to 5 and loves supporting moms and families during their NICU journeys. Her current role is leading groups in and out of hospitals for NICU mamas and POST- NICU mamas. She is passionate about supporting women through breath work, practical life coaching, and creating safe places for women to connect and share their truth. She loves running, iced coffee and connecting with YOU!
Theresa lives in Boulder, CO with her husband Michael, and 2 NICU graduates; Finn and Shelby! As a former NICU mama, I’m grateful for the work Sahra and Love for Lily have done to support families during their NICU journey. I’m honored to be working alongside the same team that showed my family so much love and compassion during our 133 day NICU stay with our son Finn. My goal is to help further the mission of Love for Lily so that we can continue to support this community of strong, resilient families.
Board of Directors
- Laura Heller, JD, MA (Education), LLM (Environmental Law): Secretary. Licensed Colorado attorney. Adjunct Professor at Colorado School of Mines. Partner with her husband Ian Schwendy in two small businesses within the City of Boulder. Boulder County resident for 16 years.
- Tonushree Tyagi: Director
- Emily Fawaz: Director, Parent Representative
- Elizabeth Black: Treasurer
- Amanda Slater: Director, Parent Representative. Government Attorney, Former President and Board Member at Rocky Mount Alliance. NICU Mama to an amazing little girl.
- John Murphy: Director, Grant Committee Co-Chair. Founder and Executive Vice President of Advanced Systems Group. Boulder resident for 35 years.
- Lana Brennan, MBA, RSN, RNC-NIC: Director. Clinical Manager NICU/Well Infant Nursery, Avista Adventist Hospital in Louisville.
- Patti Smith: Director, Volunteer Committee Chair. Mother of premature twins, lifetime Coloradan. Retired after 30 years employment at Pinnacol Assurance. Member Board of Directors, My Fairy Dog Mother (dog rescue group).
- Chris Finer: Director, Grant Committee Co-Chair. 30 years experience in real estate finance. Expertise in construction finance. Service with California Association of Realtors. Extensive nonprofit and corporate board of directors service. Rotarian. Lily’s Nana.
- Valerie Dye, RN: Director, NICU Nurse Representative. University of Colorado Health (Anschutz) liaison. NICU nurse for 30 years. Baby Lily’s nurse.